KAPPA Generation 5 (G5) software presentation in Buenos Aires, Neuquén, Santa Cruz and Lima
KAPPA-Workstation is our new integrated G5 platform for Dynamic Data Analysis. Its first release in 2016 (v5.10) incuded Saphir NL, Topaze NL, Rubis and Azurite, our new formation test module. In 2017, KAPPA-Workstation v5.12 also integrated Emeraude, our production logging interpretation tool, and Citrine, a field performance analysis module for handling massive production data in unconventional plays.
This presentation is an introduction to the new G5 platform. We will update you on our two consortia on unconventional resources and automation. Finally, we will present our longer-term development plans, with a glimpse at G6 and even G7.
To book places at this event, please contact eventsSAM@kappaeng.com and advise which date/town you will attend the presentation.
Speaker: Olivier Houzé
Olivier Houzé holds an engineer degree from Ecole Polytechnique (1982) and an MSc in Petroleum Engineering from Stanford University (1983). He co-founded KAPPA in 1987 with Dominique Bourdet after four years with Flopetrol-Johnston (Schlumberger), mainly as a well test field engineer in the Middle East. Olivier wrote the first versions of Saphir and has served as KAPPA Managing Director since 1991.
Olivier was involved in numerous SPE forums and workshops on well test interpretation and related topics. He was a co-author of the 2009 SPE Monograph 23 on Pressure Transient Testing and of the 2016 SPEE Monograph 4 on Unconventional Reserves. He was a SPE Distinguished Lecturer in 2013 and he served on the SPE Board as the Technical Director for Reservoir Description & Dynamics (2012-2015).
Due to the full agenda, and a courtesy to all participants, we ask attendees to arrive promptly for the start of each session.
- 08 March 2018: Cyan Americas Towers Hotel, Buenos Aires (Argentina)
- 09 March 2018: Neuquén Tower Hotel, Neuquén (Argentina)
- 19 March 2018: Hotel Los Tajibos, Santa Cruz (Bolivia)
- 22 March 2018: Hotel Libertador, Lima (Perú)
08:30 – 08:45 Welcome coffee
08:45 – 10:00
- A quick update on KAPPA
- The KAPPA Unconventional Resources Consortium (KURC): main results
- Generation 5: KAPPA-Workstation v5.10 (Q1-2016) and V5.12 (Q1-2017)
- Demonstration of Saphir NL (Pressure Transient Analysis) G5 features
10:00 – 10:15 Short coffee break
10:15 – 11:30
- Demonstration of Saphir NL deconvolution and complex numerical models
- Demonstration of Topaze NL (Rate Transient Analysis) G5 features; RTA vs. PTA; the use of RTA deconvolution and KURC complex MFHW and DFN models
- Demonstration of a Cloud installation of KAPPA-Workstation
11:30 – 11:45 Short coffee break
11:45 – 13:00
- Presentations: Rubis (multipurpose numerical model), Citrine (Field Performance Analysis, Emeraude (Production Logging) and Azurite (Formations Tests) G5
- Citrine v5.12+ (Q1-2018) and KAPPA-Workstation v5.20 (Q2-2018)
- From KAPPA-Server to KAPPA-Automate: KAPPA Automation Consortium (KAC)
- Demonstration of the Automation prototype and its Web Generation 6 interface
- Long-term developments and a glimpse at Generation 7?
13:00 Lunch (provided by KAPPA)